NYU Winthrop Hospital’s PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency program is a 12-month post-graduate program designed to provide an institutional practice environment for graduate pharmacists to develop expertise in the provision of pharmaceutical care. The program is designed to accommodate the training needs of Doctor of Pharmacy graduates to supplement their academic training and enable them to practice, and gain more knowledge and practical experience in patient care. There are nine pharmacy resident positions available for the upcoming residency year. The pharmacy residents will provide pharmaceutical care to the hospital’s diverse population. Additionally, the residents will be responsible for providing drug information to patients, clinicians and other staff members as well as co-precepting pharmacy students.
The resident may choose from the following rotations:
Critical Care 2 (Medical Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/Neuro ICU)
Neonatal ICU/Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Population Health Management
Number of PGY-1 Positions: Nine
Start Date: June 21, 2021
Application Deadline: January 5, 2021
Benefits: 10 Paid Time Off Days, Sick Days, Travel Stipend for Clinical Meetings, Continuing Education Courses, Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- All official college transcripts.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation with at least two letters from clinical preceptors.
- Letter of intent that describes the applicant’s goals and interests, their motivation for completing a PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency and reasons why they are interested in applying at NYU Winthrop Hospital.
- Participation in the ASHP Residency Match program and Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PHORCAS) is required.
- A required on-site interview (at the applicant’s expense).
- A PowerPoint presentation will be assigned upon candidate’s acceptance of the onsite interview.
Please submit application material through PHORCAS by January 5 2021.