Winthrop Women�s Wellness OB/GYN
1 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead, New York 11550
Phone (516) 663-8878 � Fax (516) 663-2013
Baby Basics Program
WWW OB GYN is Nassau County�s pilot program for Baby Basics under the �What to Expect When Expecting� Foundation. We are also participating with the Department of Health in an IRB study�to see the outcome of this program and to conclude�that it does in fact help patients to understand�the importance of prenatal care.
The Baby Basics Program's Goals:
- TO PROVIDE evidence-based prenatal materials to underserved families that are not only beautiful, comprehensive and easy to read but also serve as a catalyst for learning and family literacy.
- TO EMPOWER, engage and educate underserved parents so that they become effective users of the healthcare system and can advocate for themselves and their families.
- TO TEACH healthcare providers and educators how to use health literacy and cultural competency tools and strategies to improve patient communication and compliance. TO BUILD community initiatives so that providers and educators are all "on the same page� and families receive integrated, coordinated prenatal and parenting messages.
- TO BUILD community initiatives so that providers and educators are all "on the same page� and families receive integrated, coordinated prenatal and parenting messages.
At WWW OB GYN:
WWW and WUH provide Home Care referrals, as well as Social Work counseling at the office with referrals to outside sources for more extensive counseling needs. We work with many of the local community outreach programs which allows us to network and refer our patients to other specialties.
- All �patients are�greeted by our courteous and caring staff. Both staff and providers are bilingual in Spanish and translation services are available for other languages.
- Free pregnancy tests are performed for every patient, insured or uninsured.
- If a patient does not have insurance, facilitated enrollment services are available onsite. Information on what documentation to bring is reviewed in English and Spanish before leaving WWW. �
Many moms are nervous about asking questions or they forget to ask questions. We encourage our patients to write down all their concerns or questions for their next visit so we can help.
Winthrop Women�s Wellness �OB/GYN will provide care without regard to race, creed, religion, color, gender, national origin or economic status. We will provide high quality� healthcare within the multiplicity of medical disciplines, treat all patients and their families with compassion and consideration and provide a physical environment and facility which is� attractive and conducive to patient care and comfort.
Our �providers �and employees are committed to the support of our goals, leading to broader, better services within the community with the continued help from �all Departments at Winthrop University Hospital.
Obstetrical Services: Routine prenatal & postpartum care, Nutritional counseling, Social work support, WIC Information, Home Care Referrals, Prenatal education, Breast Feeding Education,. Each New OB patient is asked to see a Primary Care Provider to have a complete physical and build a relationship with this provider as well as their OB GYN provider.
- Routine Gynecological care
- Abnormal PAP, LEEP Procedure
- Family �planning services
- STD education and treatment.�
On site Medicaid Enrollment for uninsured patients.� We participate with NYS Medicaid and many Medicaid Managed Care HMO plans.
- On site Risk Assessment
- Psychosocial counseling
- Post Partum depression screening
- Domestic� and Sexual abuse screening
- Nutritional and Gestational Diabetes education
- Assessment of Living conditions and Cultural diversity
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8a.m. � 5p.m.
Saturdays: 9a.m. � 12noon ���
Free On Site Parking
Accessible to major public transportation and Long Island Railroad:�
Hempstead and West Hempstead Branch
Connections to Long Island Buses: N6, N15, N16, N17, N27, N32�