- Lung Cancer Awareness Day at Winthrop-University Hospital - Saturday, November 14, 2015
- November 4, 2015
Mineola, NY – Winthrop-University Hospital will offer a complimentary program of learning and sharing at a Lung Cancer Awareness Day educational event on Saturday, November 14, 2015, from 9:00 am to noon. The program will be held at the Dr. Martin Spatz Conference Center, located in the lower level of the main Hospital building at 259 First Street in Mineola, and will be open to the public.
Guest speakers include the following Winthrop physicians: Shalinee Chawla, MD, Attending Pulmonologist; Tom Kole, MD, PhD, Radiation Oncologist ; Corinne Liu, MD, Attending Radiologist; Khaled Salhab, MD, Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon; Jeffrey Schneider, MD, Director of the Lung Cancer Program at Winthrop, and Elena Selbs, MD, Pathologist.
Topics and questions covered will include:
- Should you be screened for lung cancer?
- What are the latest advances in non-invasive diagnostics for lung cancer?
- Who needs surgery for lung cancer – why not everyone?
- What is CyberKnife radiosurgery and how does it apply to early stage lung cancer?
- What are the latest advances in the treatment of metastatic lung cancer?
- Non-small cell carcinoma: histology and molecular alternations?
Literature and educational materials will be provided and a light snack will be served. The program is free, but seating is limited.
For more information and to RSVP please call (516) 663 – 4637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.