- Senator Fuschillo & Local Labor Organizations “Extend the Holidays” for Pediatric Patie... - Archived
- January 26, 2012
Once again, Senator Charles J. Fuschillo “extended the holidays” for pediatric patients at Winthrop-University Hospital, visiting with patients and bringing truckloads of toys and some impressive holiday cheer. Representatives from the Nassau County Sheriff Officer’s Association, Laborers Local 66, and Laborers Local 1298, all of whom participated in the program, joined Senator Fuschillo in delivering over 2,000 toys to the Hospital, which will be given out to patients throughout the entire year.
“When you’re a child, there’s no better feeling than getting the gift of a new toy. For children in the hospital who are going through tough times, a new toy can really help brighten their sprits. Thanks to the generosity of all the schools, unions, and local residents and businesses who participated in the program, we collected enough toys to help give that feeling to children in Winthrop-University Hospital throughout the entire year,” said Senator Fuschillo.
“Each and every year, I look forward to this event, which will help bring smiles to our pediatric patients throughout the coming year,” said John F. Collins, Winthrop’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
The following labor unions, schools, and community organizations helped Senator Fuschillo collect toys for the “Extend the Holidays” program:
- Baldwin Middle School (Baldwin School District)
- Berner Middle School (Massapequa School District)
- Birch Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Centennial Avenue School (Roosevelt School District)
- Chatterton Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- East Lake Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Fairfield Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Fayette Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- Forest Lake Elementary School (Wantagh School District)
- Laborers Local 66
- Laborers Local 1298
- Levy-Lakeside Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Lockhart Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Massapequa High School (Massapequa School District)
- Massapequa High School-Ames Campus (Massapequa School District)
- McKenna Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Mepham High School (Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District)
- Nassau County Sheriff Officer’s Association
- Old Mill Road Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- Park Avenue Elementary School (North Bellmore School District)
- William Rall Elementary School (Lindenhurst School District)
- Winthrop Avenue School (Bellmore School District)
“We cannot begin to express the depth of our continued appreciation to Senator Fuschillo and all of the community members who get involved in this event. We are so fortunate to be the recipients of this extremely generous donation every year,” added Nicole Almeida, MS, CCLS, Director of the Child Life Program at Winthrop.
Contact: Carolann Martines
Present at New York State Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr.’s “Extend the Holidays” toy donation were (l.-r.) John F. Collins, Winthrop’s President & Chief Executive Officer; NYS Assemblyman David G. McDonough, 19th Assembly District; Joseph Stambouly, MD, Chief of the Division of Pediatric Critical Care at Winthrop; Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr.; Nicole Almeida, MS, CCLS, Director of the Child Life Program at Winthrop; Lynn Drucker, Director of Development at Winthrop; Joseph Greensher, MD, Vice Chairman of Pediatrics at Winthrop; and John P. Broder, Vice President of External Affairs and Development at Winthrop.