Women’s Wellness Center, OBGYN Services
NYU Winthrop Women’s Wellness OB/GYN is a community-based women’s wellness center in Hempstead, Long Island. The center provides high-quality comprehensive OBGYN prenatal and gynecological services to all women in need.
OB/GYN Services are provided by our courteous and caring NYU Winthrop healthcare professionals. Our staff and providers are bilingual in English and Spanish, and translation services are available for other languages.
Free pregnancy tests are performed for every patient as needed, insured or uninsured. If a patient does not have insurance, facilitated enrollment services are available onsite. The bilingual staff carefully reviews the types of documentation patients need to provide for their insurance coverage.
Women’s Wellness Center Obstetrical Services
New obstetrics patients are asked to establish a relationship with a Primary Care Provider and have a complete physical exam in addition to having a NYU Winthrop Women’s Wellness OB/GYN doctor. Our staff networks with many local community outreach programs so that we can refer our patients to other specialties and services as needed.
Our Obstetrical Services Include:
- Routine prenatal and postpartum care
- Nutritional counseling
- Social work support
- WIC information
- Home care referrals
- Prenatal education
- Breastfeeding education
Women’s Wellness Center Gynecological Services
- Routine gynecological care
- Abnormal PAP, LEEP procedure
- Family Planning services
- SDT education and treatment
Nassau County’s “Baby Basics” Pilot Program for OB/GYN Services
In 2011, NYU Winthrop Women’s Wellness OB GYN became Nassau County, Long Island’s pilot program for Baby Basics under the What to Expect When Expecting Foundation. The Baby Basics program, known as NYU Winthrop Women’s Wellness OB/GYN, is dedicated to the following OBGYN services goals:
- To provide evidence-based prenatal materials to underserved families that are not only beautiful, comprehensive and easy to read but also serve as a catalyst for learning and family literacy.
- To empower, engage and educate underserved parents so that they become effective users of the healthcare system and can advocate for themselves and their families.
- To teach healthcare providers and educators how to use health literacy and cultural competency tools and strategies to improve patient communication and compliance.
- To build community initiatives so that providers and educators are all "on the same page” and families receive integrated, coordinated prenatal and parenting messages.
Women’s Wellness Center Financial Services
We provide onsite Medicaid enrollment for uninsured patients, and we participate in NYS Medicaid and many Medicaid Managed Care HMO plans.
Additional OBGYN Services
- Onsite Risk Assessment
- Psychosocial counseling
- Post-Partum depression screening
- Domestic and sexual abuse screening
- Nutritional and gestational diabetes education
- Assessment of living conditions and cultural diversity
NYU Winthrop Women’s Wellness OB/GYN will provide care without regard to race, creed, religion, color, gender, national origin or economic status. We will treat all patients and their families with compassion and consideration and provide a physical environment and facility which is attractive and conducive to patient care and comfort.
Hours of Operation:
NYU Winthrop Women’s Wellness OB/GYN
1 Fulton Avenue
Hempstead, NY 11550
Phone 516-663-8878 • Fax 516-663-2013
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturday: 9am – 12 Noon
Free on-site parking
Accessible to major public transportation and Long Island Railroad:
Hempstead and West Hempstead Branch
Connection to Long Island Buses: N6, N15, N16, N17, N27, N32