Women’s Health Services, Program
Winthrop-University Hospital’s acclaimed Women's Health Services on Long Island, NY were created to simplify the process of gathering accurate information, accessing support services and obtaining referrals to appropriate healthcare practitioners.
Women’s Health Services programs have grown into a comprehensive roster of industry-leading preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for women of all ages. Our high-caliber obstetrics and gynecological services include:
- Gynecology Services br Our Division of General Obstetrics & Gynecology is committed to excellence in patient care, advanced research and outstanding medical education. Our multidisciplinary staff of specialists provides broad services utilizing the most advanced equipment and technology—from screening and preventive exams and low-risk obstetrical care, to adolescent gynecology and menopause care, to family planning and contraception, to benign and malignant gynecological surgery.
- Diagnostic & Treatment Options
Winthrop’s Women’s Health programs are supported with sophisticated state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment including the latest generations of CT scanning, MRI scanning, ultrasound and nuclear medicine.
Should surgical treatment be required, Women’s Health Services provides a staff of prominent general surgeons and surgical subspecialists and up-to-date surgical facilities for inpatient and outpatient procedures.
- “Gynecology Center of Excellence” Recognition In 2013 and 2014, U.S. News and World Report recognized Winthrop-University Hospital as a one of an elite group of “Best Regional Hospitals” in the NYC metro area and highlighted our Gynecology Services as a “Gynecology Center of Excellence.”
- Obstetrics Services Winthrop’s multi-faceted obstetrics services include prenatal visits, ultrasound scans, childbirth preparation, labor and delivery in the New Life Center and access to specialized services such as reproductive endocrinology.
- Reproductive Endocrinology
Winthrop-University Hospital’s reproductive endocrinologists are dedicated to helping couples achieve viable pregnancy and experience the unparalleled joy of parenthood
- New Life Center
More than 5,000 babies each year begin their lives in Winthrop's New Life Center, a modern, up-to-date facility featuring 16 labor-delivery-recovery rooms, each attractively decorated, comfortably and homey.
- General Obstetrical & Gynecological Care
Annual gynecological health screenings, including PAP tests, family planning care, management of normal and high-risk pregnancies, and other routine obstetrical and gynecological care are provided by Winthrop-University Hospital’s teams of women’s services specialists.
- Gynecologic Oncology Program
Directed by a board certified physician and supported by a highly skilled staff, the Institute for Family Care's Gynecologic Oncology Program provides specialized care for women with cervical and ovarian cancers.
Urogynecologists at Winthrop offer comprehensive evaluation to pinpoint the cause of bladder incontinence. Treatment options include non-surgical and surgical techniques.
- Breast Health Program
Our physicians and staff provide comprehensive care to women who are concerned about breast cancer or other breast diseases. Screening examinations, including mammography and instruction in breast self-examination are offered.
- Physician Referrals
This Women's Health program is uniquely staffed to make referrals to highly qualified healthcare specialists who can address the physical changes that take place at each stage of life.
- The Women's Resource Center
The Women's Resource Center is a comprehensive information resource for health related concerns accessible by dialing 1-866-WINTHROP.