Urologic Cancer Program at Winthrop-University Hospital Cancer Center
At the Forefront of Urologic Oncology Care
Winthrop’s renowned Urologic Cancer Program offers comprehensive care for cancer patients. Integrating state-of-the-art treatment technology with groundbreaking research, our team of experts in urology and cancer provide screening and diagnostic services, as well as an array of advanced – and personalized – treatment options.
Unsurpassed Vision and Best Practices in Urologic Cancer Care
We stand at the forefront of compassionate, innovative care, with a shared passion for making a profound difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
Our urologic oncology team comprises Board Certified urologists, radiologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and physician assistants dedicated to the care of patients. Their services are coordinated by a uro-oncology navigator who facilitates and streamlines the process for each of our patients and their families.
Additionally, patients have easy access to our Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary team of Board Certified physicians, pathologists and surgeons specially trained to maximize outcomes and minimize complications. Because when it comes to treating urologic cancer, you’re not in this alone.
Urologic Cancer Technology
- State-of-the-art robotic surgery with the advanced daVinci® Surgical System
- Cyberknife® Radiosurgery
- Minimally invasive renal cryotherapy
- CT and PET scans
Urologic Cancer Services
- Evaluation and treatment of all types of urologic conditions, including benign and malignant tumors, hematuria, suspicious and abnormal lab tests, monitoring and counseling of high-risk population
- Histopathologic results in a timely fashion
- Conservative surgical approaches
- Comprehensive medical and radiation oncology services
- Palliative care
- Emotional support for patients and families
- Personal coordinated care offered by a urological nurse navigator to help patients from diagnosis through treatment
Department of Urology
The highly trained specialists at Winthrop-University Hospital’s Department of Urology are exceptionally skilled in treating the full spectrum of male and female urologic conditions. Explore our Department of Urology here.