Access to Skilled Staff and Technology, 24/7
A patient’s chances of survival are the greatest during the ‘golden hour’ of trauma during which prompt and skilled medical treatment can help save lives and even prevent long-term disability.
With skilled physicians and staff equipped with the very latest trauma facilities and technologies available on-site, 24 hours a day, Winthrop is exceptionally qualified to save lives when they are the most vulnerable.
Winthrop’s Trauma Center includes the following:
- An Enhanced Triage Suite that identifies patients who need immediate medical attention because of the nature or severity of their injury or illness.
- Specially trained nurses with advanced skills in treating traumas.
- Three brand-new Trauma Resuscitation Bays to initiate trauma/critical care for the most severely injured adult and pediatric patients and two critical care beds.
Trauma Utilized Areas
- A Surgery Suite with 20 operating rooms to handle all types of cases at any level of difficulty.
- A state-of-the-art Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) with board certified critical care intensivists to focus on the most critical cases.
- A Pediatric Emergency Department with a dedicated 10-bed unit with specially trained nursing and support staff to care for the special needs of children.
- A Pediatric ICU that has eight single-bed patient rooms with 24/7 coverage by board-certified Pediatric Critical Care Physicians, advanced life support systems and in-room sleeping accommodations for parents.
- A 14-bed Neuroscience Unit that cares for patients with severe traumatic brain injuries and spine injuries.
Trauma Utilized Services
- Radiology Department
- Interventional Radiology
- The Phyllis & Nathan J. Mistretta Emergency Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Decontamination capabilities
- Blood Bank