Funding and Online Resources
- Grants.gov Centralized online portal for Federal Grants to identify opportunities, download applications, submit and track grant applications.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Largest funding source for academic research in the United States.
- NIH Electronic Research Administration (eRA Commons) Online interface where NIH grant applicants, grantees and federal staff can access and share administrative information relating to research grants. Account required for all Principal Investigators -contact Sponsored Programs to register.
- Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) Funds training and education programs for health care workforce, maternal-child health services, health care centers for underserved/uninsured, Health Information Technology, HIV/AIDS programs and organ donation programs
- Agency for Health Care Research & Quality (AHRQ) Funds scientific research to promote improvements in clinical and health system practices.
- Department of Defense Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs Funds research on breast, prostate, and ovarian cancers, neurofibromatosis, military health, and other specified areas.
- NYS Department of Health Funds NYS health service programs, workforce training, block and federal pass-through grants.
- The Foundation Center National nonprofit service organization that provides a wide-range of information on private philanthropy for the grant seeking community.
- Proposal Central E-grantmaking website shared by many government, non-profit, and private grant-making organizations for submitting applications. Winthrop is registered with Proposal Central. Please contact OSP if you are interested in pursuing funding through a foundation that uses Proposal Central.
- Other Sources
- Non-Profit Health Organizations (eg.)
- Professional Associations (eg.)
- Industry (Pharmaceutical Companies)
The Office of Sponsored Programs offers a variety of resources and services for faculty seeking external funding. Locating potential funding sources can be a laborious and time-consuming process. Our staff is available to assist investigators by targeting searches to their specific interests. Personalized e-mail grant alerts are available upon request.
We maintain a faculty interest profile database which assists us in locating funding opportunities for Winthrop researchers. If you would like to be included in this database, please fill out the attached faculty interest form and send it to us via interoffice mail.
Winthrop maintains a subscription to SPIN (Sponsored Programs Research Network). SPIN is a searchable database for research and non-research funding opportunities and is available to any computer on the hospital network.
To discuss your funding interests, targeted searches and e-mail grant alerts, please contact Beth McManus, Senior Grants Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext. 9719.