Social Media Policy (“Policy”)
1. If you are a WUH employee you must adhere to the WUH EMPLOYEE SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES posted on the WUH Intranet site.
2. Patient privacy is extremely important to the WUH’s daily operation. Posting any personal health information, including patient images, is prohibited on any WUH Social Media Sites.
3. The information provided on WUH Social Medical Sites is for informational purposes only and is not intended to take the place of consultation with your physician or other health care provider. You should always consult a qualified physician or other health care provider whenever you require diagnosis or treatment. Use of WUH Social Media Sites shall not constitute establishment of a physician-patient or clinical relationship with any individual, nor establishment of or offer to enter into a business relationship with any institution or organization. If you are seeking specific medical advice, please contact your health care provider or call 911 in the case of an emergency.
4. When using WUH Social Media Sites, you agree that you will NOT:
• violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws;
• transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in WUH’s discretion;
• impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• transmit any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
• transmit any material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
• transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non WUH services or products), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
• transmit any material that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment; or
• collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
Any posts or comments that are considered by WUH – in its sole discretion - to violate any of the above-listed prohibitions or any of these terms will be deleted.
5. WUH reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to, or posts on, any WUH Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. You understand and agree that WUH may disclose your communications and activities on WUH Social Media Sites in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of WUH rights. You agree that in the event that WUH exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, WUH will have no liability to you.
6. You may not provide any content to a WUH Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations, or contributions or use the WUH Social Media Sites to link to any such sites or political candidates or parties or use the WUH Social Media Sites to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
7. By posting content on any WUH Social Media Site, you grant to WUH the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any WUH purpose.
8. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold WUH and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a WUH Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
9. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a website AND THE INTERNET cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. WUH does not control the THIRD PARTY SITES OR THE INTERNET over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information OR OTHER CONTENT and, therefore, WUH DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting content on an internet site, you should consider your privacy carefully especially when disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. FURTHERMORE, WUH DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
10. You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a WUH Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any conflict of law principles and you are to be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of local, state or federal courts in Nassau County, New York.
11. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, please regularly review all WUH policies.