One of The Nation's Best Children's Hospitals For Children & Their Families
NYU Winthrop Hospital Children’s Medical Center is deeply committed to enhancing, sustaining and restoring the health, well-being and development of every child – from the tiniest premature infant to a young adult.
Our Children’s Center is a major healthcare resource with a passion for helping children live healthy, productive lives. This is reflected in the investment we’ve made in our staff of pediatric specialists, who are not only exceptionally skilled in their disciplines, but also have a clear understanding of children and their unique physical and emotional needs.
The Center focuses on helping children feel comfortable and safe. Our state-of-the-art technology and broad-scoped specialty programs and services are housed in modern facilities filled with natural light and bright colors. We have created a child-friendly environment that is warm, comforting and geared to easing the stress of illness for our young patients and their families.
U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals
- Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Pulmonology
We are a designated Children’s Hospital Association member and a state-designated Pediatric Regional Trauma Center.
We are also a member of the Children's Hospital Association and the Children's Hospitals' Solutions For Patient Safety, a network of over a 100 hospitals that are committed to taking steps to ensuring each child receives safe care.
The Children’s Medical Center pediatric facilities have been designed with careful consideration of your children and family. While our setting holds the most modern technology, it remains warm, comfortable, spacious and child-oriented. We provide the finest and most advanced care for our young patients, always remaining sensitive to their personal and family needs.
The Center includes:
- Dedicated Pediatric Emergency/Trauma Center
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit with in-room sleeping accommodations for parents
- Hagedorn Pediatric Inpatient Center with in-room sleeping accommodations for parents
- Child Life Activity Center
- Pediatric Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Cancer Center for KIDS
- Jay’s World Inpatient Suite
- Nina Jillian Rosenblatt Ambulatory Suite
- Regional Perinatal Center
- Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient general and specialty pediatric facilities
Specialized Programs & Services
In addition to providing emotional and developmental support, the Children’s Medical Center offers a variety of pediatric programs and services to address specialized needs. They include:
- Adoption Services
- Bowel Management Program
- Pediatric Diabetes Center
- Down Syndrome Program
- Growth Hormone Program
- Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing Program
- Pediatric Sleep Center
- Pediatric Travel Center
- STAR Program for Special Needs Children
- The Healthy Kids Weight Management Program
- CHANGE Program For Teens