NYU Winthrop Hospital's Division of General Obstetrics & Gynecology is committed to providing the women of Long Island with the most advanced and extensive obstetrical services, educational resources and community support. With a dedication to excellence in patient care, advanced research and outstanding medical education, NYU Winthrop offers the best of women’s health services.
NYU Winthrop is home to a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled and experienced OB/GYN physicians, sub-specialists, specialized nurses, physician assistants, Maternal-Fetal Medicine physicians and OB/GYN residents. Our specialists provide patients and their primary care physicians with sophisticated obstetrical services and state-of-the-art technology.
Award-Winning Obstetrics Services
HealthGrades, the nation’s leading independent source of physician information and hospital quality ratings, has named NYU Winthrop Hospital a recipient of both the Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award and the HealthGrades Maternity Care Excellence Award. HealthGrades’ report found that women who undergo gynecologic surgery at five-star rated hospitals experience 35% fewer complications.
Nationally renowned U.S. News & World Report recognized NYU Winthrop Hospital as one of the “Best Regional Hospitals” for Gynecology in 2013 and 2014, when compared to 5,000 other hospitals across the country.
NYU Winthrop’s six full-time faculty members and over 40 active private general obstetricians and gynecologists perform approximately nearly 5,000 deliveries and over 3,500 gynecologic surgeries annually.
Obstetrical Services on Long Island
- Prenatal visits – These include checking the patient’s blood pressure and other vitals, calculating the due date, answering questions, performing physical exams to monitor the health of you and your baby, providing genetic testing and much more. The staff and health care providers are bilingual in Spanish and translation services are available for other languages.
- Ultrasound – This test allows you and the physician to see images of the baby during pregnancy to monitor the baby’s health as well as determine the gender. We offer high resolution 3D and 4D ultrasounds for enhanced imaging of your baby.
- Nutritional Counseling – Your physician will discuss with you how to maintain a healthy, balanced and nutritional diet to ensure optimal health for you and your baby.
- Prenatal Education – NYU Winthrop-University offers classes and general information about childbirth preparation, breast feeding, caring for your newborn, relaxation techniques and many more aspects of pregnancy and the post-partum experience.
- Home Care Services – This form of specialty care allows you to receive obstetrics care in your home during and after pregnancy. It has been shown that home care services decrease the chance of emergency situations during pregnancy as well as improve perinatal outcomes.
- Social Work Support – Your social worker will provide information on medical assistance, food assistance and other programs that provide aid to mothers and their newborn children.
- Labor & Delivery in The New Life Center – This is a unique facility where mothers, newborns and families receive outstanding, personalized attention before, during and after pregnancy.
- Fetal Surgery – NYU Winthrop Hospital offers the only Fetal Surgery program on Long Island. Fetal surgery involves a wide range of surgical techniques used to treat birth defects in fetuses prior to childbirth.