FREE COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM AT WINTHROP OCTOBER 21ST - BREAST HEALTH
In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Winthrop-University Hospital’s Breast Health Center is offering a free, unique event for breast patients, their families, friends and all interested community members on Thursday, October 21st. Held from 6:00 to 9:00 PM at the Winthrop Wellness Pavilion, located at 1300 Franklin Avenue in Garden City, the program will explore medical, emotional and wellness issues through a variety of lectures and information presented in a fair-type setting.
Attendees are asked to call 1-866-WINTHROP in advance to reserve their seat for the lectures. Guests can choose one of three lectures each hour.
Lecture choices from 6:00 to 7:00 include:
• “Maintaining your Household During and After Treatment”
• “Preparing for Breast Surgery”
• “Mind, Body and Spirit”
Between 7:00 and 8:00 PM, choices include:
• “Cancer and the Family”
• “Preparing for Radiation Oncology”
• “Reiki for Breast Cancer Patients and Caregivers”
Lectures from 8:00 to 9:00 are:
• “Heredity and Intimacy After a Breast Cancer Diagnosis”
• “Dealing with Post Treatment”
• “Mindful Meditation Workshop”
Attendees are asked to arrive at 5:45 PM for registration. Parking and the entrance are available in the rear of the building. Seating is limited and pre-registration is required. For further information or to reserve a space, please call 1-866-WINTHROP (1-866-946-8476).# # #