|Division Chief:||Malcolm Gottesman, MD|
|4th YEAR MEDICAL STUDENT ELECTIVE:||Yes|
All members of the Division of Neurology are Board Certified Teaching Faculty of NYU Winthrop Hospital. Patients are offered the latest advances in neurologic diagnosis and treatment. We provide comprehensive neurological care for adults with brain, spine, or neuromuscular disorders. Our staff collaborates and oversees neurology treatment in consultation with the primary care physician.
- Cognitive Disorder Program
- Stroke Treatment Program
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Program
- Neuromuscular Testing
- General Neurologic Disorders
- Diagnosis and management of Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis, Tremor and other common neurological problems.
- Electromyography (EMG) testing to aid in diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy and other neuromuscular disorders.
- Brain Wave Testing, Electroencephalograph (EEG) and video EEG monitoring for seizure disorders.
- Evoked Potential Testing (VER-BAER-SER) to evaluate the visual, auditory, and somatosensory systems.
- Transcranial Doppler Testing (TCD) Evaluation of intracranial blood flow ultrasound to study stenosis of intracranial vessels.
- Carotid Dopplers Evaluation of the carotid blood flow through ultrasoun
Research activity in Parkinson's Disease, Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis.
Malcolm H. Gottesman, M.D.
Chief, Division of Neurology
Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis Care Center
Shazia Alam, D.O.
Director, Neurohospitalist and Stroke Services
Director, Student and Resident Education
Huiying Yu, M.D.
Director, Neurodiagnostic Laboratory
Director, Electrodiagnostic Laboratory