|Division Chief:||Malcolm Gottesman, MD|
|4th YEAR MEDICAL STUDENT ELECTIVE:||Yes|
All members of the Division of Neurology are Board Certified Teaching Faculty of NYU Winthrop Hospital. Patients are offered the latest advances in neurologic diagnosis and treatment. We provide comprehensive neurological care for adults with brain, spine, or neuromuscular disorders. Our staff collaborates and oversees neurology treatment in consultation with the primary care physician.
- Cognitive Disorder Program
- Stroke Treatment Program
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Program
- Neuromuscular Testing
- General Neurologic Disorders
- Diagnosis and management of Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis, Tremor and other common neurological problems.
- Electromyography (EMG) testing to aid in diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy and other neuromuscular disorders.
- Brain Wave Testing, Electroencephalograph (EEG) and video EEG monitoring for seizure disorders.
- Evoked Potential Testing (VER-BAER-SER) to evaluate the visual, auditory, and somatosensory systems.
- Transcranial Doppler Testing (TCD) Evaluation of intracranial blood flow ultrasound to study stenosis of intracranial vessels.
- Carotid Dopplers Evaluation of the carotid blood flow through ultrasoun
Research activity in Parkinson's Disease, Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis.
MALCOLM H. GOTTESMAN, M.D.
Chief, Division of Neurology
Multiple Sclerosis and Headache
CYNTHIA MAZER, M.D.
Director of Encephalography
Epilepsy and Headache
ELZBIETA WIRKOWSKI, M.D.
Director, Cerebrovascular Disorders
Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disorders
DANIEL B. RUBIN, M.D.,PhD.
Director, Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
HUIYING YU, M.D.
Director of Electromyography
Neuropathy, Muscle Disorder
Sharon Friedman-Urevich, RN, NP
Coordinator, M.S. Treatment Program
Kerry L. O'Brien, M.P.H., RN
Coordinator, Cerebrovascular Program