Infusion Center at NYU Winthrop Hospital Cancer Center
At the Forefront of Cancer Care
NYU Winthrop’s state-of-the-art Oncology/Hematology Infusion Center expertly treats patients with cancer and related diseases, benign blood disorders, as well as a variety of other non cancerous diseases that require infusion therapy. Quality of care is continuously monitored through a wide range of data on infection prevention, nursing sensitive quality measures and patient satisfaction surveys. The NYU Winthrop Infusion Center is consistently ranked high in satisfaction surveys and accreditation visits.
Our Infusion Center is located at 120 Mineola Blvd, Suite 600 and is open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. Parking is available for all patients in the attached garage behind the 120 Mineola Blvd building. Valet parking is located and available on the third floor.
Infusion Therapy Comfort and Excellence
As experts in infusion therapy, the NYU Winthrop Infusion Center team consisting of specially trained nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and laboratory staff, work closely with referring physicians to ensure all medication is delivered safely and efficiently.
The Infusion Center has 34 modern, comfortable infusion chairs located in an open, airy setting. Each infusion chair station is equipped with its own television, and Wi-Fi is available to those who choose to bring electronic devices.
The Infusion Center is also equipped with an on-site pharmacy and can support the newest anti-cancer treatment protocols, as well as treat patients who are in clinical research trials with investigational agents. Eligible candidates have access to major research studies for many types of malignant conditions.
The center provides chemotherapy and anti-tumor treatments, hydration and antibiotic therapies, and prepares patients for stem cell transplant and its aftercare. In addition, we offer infusion services to many non-oncologic patients including those affected by neurological, gastrointestinal, rheumatologic, and endocrine diseases.
Infusion Center Services:
- Laboratory work related to treatment
- Administration of chemotherapy, monoclonal antibodies and other anti-tumor medications
- Supportive services such as hydration, therapeutic phlebotomies, antibiotic therapy and transfusion of blood products can be given, often eliminating the need for hospitalization.
- Initial planning and preparation for patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantation
- IV infusions for many non oncology diseases (Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s Disease , Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Renal disease)
- Support Services for Patients and Families including oncology dietitian, oncology social worker, and financial counselors.