Housestaff and Chief Residents
The NYU Winthrop housestaff finds the Department of Medicine an ideal place to work and learn during the stressful years of residency training. Families tend to thrive in our supportive environment. The composition of the housestaff is as diverse as the community it serves, with the common denominator being an interest in clinical practice and research.
The Chief Residents are PGY-4 medicine graduates of the program selected for excellence in clinical skills, leadership, and scholarship. Their day-to-day teaching, leadership, and advocacy for the housestaff is a strength of the program.
The Chief Residents are chosen in the fall of their PGY2 year giving them the opportunity to strengthen the skills needed for their future position and career planning.
The current and incoming Chief Residents will be available to meet with prospective candidates upon interview.
Current Chief Residents 2017-2018
Tobin Abraham, MD
- SUNY Downstate COM
- Career Interest: Rheumatology
Alexander Fe, MD
- School: University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Career Interest: Pulmonary/Critical Care
Kathleen Leger, MD
- School: SUNY Syracuse School of Medicine
- Career Interest: Nephrology
Chief Residents 2018-2019
Andrew Mak, MD, MBA
- School: Albany Medical College
- Career Interest: Hematology/Oncology
Anthony Razzano, MD
- School: American University of the Caribbean
- Career Interest: Gastroenterology
Sonam Sani, MD
- School: SUNY Downstate College of Medicine
- Career Interest: Allergy/Immunology