PROSTATE CANCER EDUCATION SERIES & SUPPORT GROUPS
Winthrop-University Hospital's Department of Urology hosts a Prostate Cancer Educational Program and Support Groups for Prostate Cancer Patients and for Partners of Prostate Cancer Patients the second Wednesday of every month. Both are held at the Winthrop Wellness Pavilion, 1300 Franklin Avenue, Suite ML-5 in Garden City. The education program which starts at 6:30 pm, features a different speaker and topic each month and is opened to all interested individuals. The two separate support groups, which follow at 7:30 pm, are opened to prostate cancer patients and to partners of prostate cancer patients. The purpose of the groups is to share information about prostate cancer, treatments, side effects and coping with the challenges of the disease. Advance registration is required. For more information or to register, please call 516-663-2316 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genitourinary Oncology Nurse Navigator
A cancer diagnosis is a life altering experience that can result in physical, emotional and financial strains that affect both patients and their loved ones. The Genitourinary Oncology Nurse Navigator offers individualized assistance to patients, families and caregivers helping them throughout all phases of their cancer experience.
At no cost to you, the Genitourinary Oncology Nurse Navigator will:
- Facilitate the coordination of testing, treatment and follow up care
- Educate patients and their loved ones about treatment options
- Provide emotional support and guidance
- Identify and assist with accessing financial, legal and community support services
- Serve as a liaison for the cancer patient and family with physicians and other health care providers
- Facilitate access to research trials
To utilize any of these services or to speak with the Genitourinary Oncology Nurse Navigator please contact:
Tara Simon RN, BSN, OCN