Family Dental Medicine
The Winthrop-University Hospital Center for Family Dental Medicine is a full-service, state-of-the-art dental facility developed to serve the community’s patients and allow Dentists to complete their residency in a hospital environment. New York is the only state that requires a Dental Residency before a Dentist can practice Dental Medicine. This facility will give our Residents this general dental education in all aspects of modern dentistry under the direct supervision of hospitalist and private practicing Dentists with sub-specialties in: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontics, Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Pedodontics.
The center offers specialized diagnostic and oral care from preventive measures through oral and maxillo-facial surgery. Services (which can also be performed with sedation or general anesthesia), include:
As a hospital based program, we are (removed also) uniquely positioned to care for medically complex patients, such as those with cancer, autoimmune diseases or other medical problems that require advanced treatments. Patients whose fragile health requires anesthesia stand-by are treated in Winthrop- University Hospital Operating Rooms, with full cardiovascular monitoring. Diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with mucosal diseases, including those that require systemic medical treatment and long-term follow up, are also available. Often times, this level of care is not able to be performed in community dental offices. In these cases, we can work with a patient’s community dentist to perform the required treatments or procedures.
- Routine Care
- Root Canals
- Cosmetic Care
- Porcelain Crowns
- Custom Mouth Guards
- Sleep Apnea (disorders) Treatment
- Oral Lesions
- All Pediatric Dental Care
At the brand new, Center for Family Dental Medicine, we feature 10 state-of-the-art exam rooms and utilize the latest in dental technologies including:
- Digital x-ray with minimal radiation and no waiting for film development
- 3-D imaging – images can be viewed from many angles from a computer screen
- Laser technology
Attending faculty represent all specialties of dentistry.
Attending Faculty also include part-time Endodontists, Periodontists and Prosthodontists.
- Dr. Kathleen Agoglia, Director of the Dental Medicine Training Program is an expert Hospitalist with additional training in Anesthesia, Acupuncture and Forensics.
- Dr. Leonard Hoffman, Chief, of the Division of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, leads a team with expertise in all phases of surgical intervention including reconstructive procedures.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, please call (516) 663-2752
Center for Family Dental Medicine
200 Old Country Road, Suite 460
Mineola, NY 11501