The New Life Center
The New Life Center at Winthrop-University Hospital opened as the Hospital began its second century of service to the community.
The $12 million, 15,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art facility offers family-focused maternity care, a home-like birth experience within the safety of a hospital environment, and, most important, the intense dedication to human care and compassion that has become our hallmark.
The New Life Center has 16 modern, attractive, home-like Labor/Delivery/ Recovery (LDR) Suites, as well as:
The CARE-GIVING TEAM, which consists of highly skilled maternal/child care specialists with advanced training and certification in obstetrics, lactation and newborn care, includes:
- Special monitoring rooms and programs for high-risk patients
- Separate areas for Cesarean section mothers
- A newborn nursery
- The latest technology
- Family/sibling waiting areas
- Access to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), one of the most advanced facilities of its kind staffed with specially trained experts in newborn medicine who care for babies born prematurely or with health problems requiring special attention.
These and other specialists work together to provide you and your family with the most comprehensive quality care.
- Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners with advanced training in maternal/child care
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists (Perinatologists or high-risk obstetricians)
- Certified Nurse Midwives
Through FAMILY CENTERED CARE, the staff of The New Life Center helps to strengthen the entire family as it adjusts to a whole new life with the new baby. FAMILY CENTERED CARE is based upon the belief that every family is special, with individual needs and wants. In order to meet these needs, the staff offers a wide range of special programs, including:
Childbirth Preparation Classes
Expert information on childbirth, infant care and child rearing
Guidance in selecting delivery options
For more information call:
Women's Health Services
at Winthrop-University Hospital