Urologic Cancer Program
Winthrop’s Urology Department offers comprehensive care for cancer patients integrating state-of-the-art modalities with best practices by a team of experts in urology and cancer. The clinicians provide screening and diagnostic services, as well as an array of advanced treatment options.
The Hospital’s urologic cancer team comprises Board Certified urologists, radiologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and physician assistants dedicated to the care of patients with urologic cancer. Their services are coordinated by a uro-oncology navigator who facilitates and streamlines the process for patients and families.
Additionally, patients have easy access to the Institute for Cancer Care’s multidisciplinary team of Board Certified physicians, pathologists and surgeons specially trained to maximize outcomes and minimize complications.
Services and Technology
- Evaluation and treatment of all types of urologic conditions, including benign and malignant tumors, hematuria, suspicious and abnormal lab tests, monitoring and counseling of high-risk population
- State-of-the-art robotic surgery with the advanced daVinci® Surgical System
- Cyberknife® Radiosurgery
- Green Light Laser Surgery
- Minimally invasive renal cryotherapy
- CT and PET scans
- Access to:
- Histopathologic results in a timely fashion
- Conservative surgical approaches
- Comprehensive medical and radiation oncology services
- Palliative care
- Emotional support for patients and families
- Personal coordinated care offered by a urological nurse navigator to help patients from diagnosis through treatment