Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center
Winthrop’s Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is a state-of-the-art, fully digital facility providing screening and diagnostic services in a warm and comforting environment. The suite, which features a relaxing waiting room and private changing areas, has been designed to reduce anxiety, promote comfort and nurture patients’ well-being. Each patient — woman or man — is treated with dignity, compassion and respect for privacy.
The breast imaging team consists of Board Certified radiologists; ARRT Certified, New York State Licensed mammography technologists; ARDMS Certified ultrasound technologists; registered nurses; and a seasoned clerical staff trained to meet the patients’ needs. They provide the best in breast imaging and diagnosis with the least amount of patient discomfort. Patients have easy access to the Institute for Cancer Care’s multidisciplinary team of Board Certified physicians, pathologists, radiation and medical oncologists and surgeons specially trained in breast, plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- State-of-the-art digital mammography and ultrasound. Minimally invasive biopsy techniques including stereotactic and ultrasound-guided core biopsies, fine needle aspirations and galactography.
- Availability of Breast MRI and Breast MRI-guided core biopsy, CT and PET scans.
- Evaluation and treatment of all types of breast conditions, including benign and malignant tumors, breast pain, suspicious and abnormal mammograms, monitoring and counseling of high-risk population, including previously diagnosed breast cancer and genetic mutations (BRCA1 and BRCA2).
- Access to:
- Histopathologic results in a timely fashion
- Conservative surgical approaches
- Comprehensive medical and radiation oncology services
- Advanced reconstruction and plastic surgery
- Genetic counseling
- Emotional support for patients and families
- Personal Coordinated Care offered to patients and families with information and support provided by our Nurse Navigator (coordinator) to help patients from diagnosis through treatment.
- Free on-site parking
The fully-digital Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is equipped with state-of-the art mammography and ultrasound equipment. High resolution images provide the tools for early diagnosis and rapid results — often while patients wait.
Evening and Saturday appointments are available. For information and to schedule an appointment, call (516) 663-2400.
- GE Senographe DS Mammography System
- GE Senographe Essential Mammography System
- Two GE Logiq 9 Ultrasound Systems
- Hologic Prone Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- MRI 3 Tesla