Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center
Winthrop�s Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is a state-of-the-art, fully digital facility providing screening and diagnostic services in a warm and comforting environment. The suite, which features a relaxing waiting room and private changing areas, has been designed to reduce anxiety, promote comfort and nurture patients� well-being. Each patient � woman or man � is treated with dignity, compassion and respect for privacy.
The breast imaging team consists of Board Certified radiologists; ARRT Certified, New York State Licensed mammography technologists; ARDMS Certified ultrasound technologists; registered nurses; and a seasoned clerical staff trained to meet the patients� needs. They provide the best in breast imaging and diagnosis with the least amount of patient discomfort. Patients have easy access to the Institute for Cancer Care�s multidisciplinary team of Board Certified physicians, pathologists, radiation and medical oncologists and surgeons specially trained in breast, plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- State-of-the-art digital mammography and ultrasound. Minimally invasive biopsy techniques including stereotactic and ultrasound-guided core biopsies, fine needle aspirations and galactography.
- Availability of Breast MRI and Breast MRI-guided core biopsy, CT and PET scans.
- Evaluation and treatment of all types of breast conditions, including benign and malignant tumors, breast pain, suspicious and abnormal mammograms, monitoring and counseling of high-risk population, including previously diagnosed breast cancer and genetic mutations (BRCA1 and BRCA2).
- Access to:
- Histopathologic results in a timely fashion
- Conservative surgical approaches
- Comprehensive medical and radiation oncology services
- Advanced reconstruction and plastic surgery
- Genetic counseling
- Emotional support for patients and families
- Personal Coordinated Care offered to patients and families with information and support provided by our Nurse Navigator (coordinator) to help patients from diagnosis through treatment.
- Free on-site parking
The fully-digital Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is equipped with state-of-the art mammography and ultrasound equipment. High resolution images provide the tools for early diagnosis and rapid results � often while patients wait.
Evening and Saturday appointments are available. For information and to schedule an appointment, call (516) 663-2400.
- GE Senographe DS Mammography System
- GE Senographe Essential Mammography System
- Two GE Logiq 9 Ultrasound Systems
- Hologic Prone Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- MRI 3 Tesla