Internal Medicine Residency Program
Welcome to the Winthrop Internal Medicine Residency Program Website!
Winthrop's Internal Medicine Program provides an optimal academic learning environment for patient care, scholarship, and research in Internal Medicine and its subspecialties. With 77 full-time faculty, 15 subspecialty Fellowship Programs and outstanding clinical and research facilities, our program provides an excellent training opportunity.
Program at a glance
- 600 Bed University Teaching Hospital
- 81 Residents
- 22 Categorical Interns, 15 Preliminary Interns, 2 Chief Residents
- 15 Fellowship Programs
- Nationally Recognized Faculty
- Extensive Clinical and Basic Research Opportunities
- Clinical Campus of Stony Brook University School of Medicine
- Rich Case Mix
- Culturally Diverse Population
- Generous Salary and Benefits
- Faculty-Resident Mentoring Program.
- Big Brother/Sister Resident-Intern Program
- Located only 30 minutes from New York City (LIRR train station located at the hospital)
- US News World Report, Top 100 Hospitals in Cardiology & Gastroenterology