Infectious Disease Fellowship Program Brief
Infectious Disease Division
Mineola, New York
- Winthrop-University Hospital's Infectious Disease Fellowship is an ACGME accredited 2-year training program that combines clinical experience and clinical research.
- Our Infectious Disease fellows receive an intense and varied clinical experience with one-on-one teaching that emphasizes differential diagnosis and treatment.
- Hospital epidemiology & infection control are also an important aspect of the program.
- Outpatient infectious disease training is centered in our ambulatory office facility. In addition to general adult infectious diseases consultation. We are particularly interested in CNS infections, FUOs, pneumonias, and zoonoses.
- In addition to our HIV inpatient/outpatient experience, rotations in Pediatric Infectious Disease, Medical Microbiology, ambulatory HIV, and Transplant Infections are part of the Infectious Disease training program
- An integral part of the infectious disease training program is clinical research.
- The goal of the Infectious Disease fellowship program is to prepare our fellows for clinical/academic positions.
Oldest infectious disease fellowship training program on Long Island (since 1980).
National reputation for clinical and teaching excellence in infectious diseases.
The Infectious Disease fellowship program consists of a broad based clinical infectious disease experience in medical/surgical intensive care units, the medical inpatient service, Emergency Department, Surgical and OB/GYN Services.
Extensive clinical exposure also includes surgical infectious disease, as well as neurosurgical and TCV related infections. tropical infections, infections in compromised hosts and transplant infections.
High publication rate by infectious disease fellows.
Infectious Disease fellows actively participate in quality assurance activities, hospital epidemiology and infection control as well as medical student/house staff teaching.
Faculty members committed to teaching and mentoring Infectious Disease fellows.