Continuing Medical Education
The Continuing Medical Education mission at NYU Winthrop Hospital (WUH) is to:
- Promote life-long learning and all desirable physician attributes expressed in the ACGME core competencies, now universally adopted across the medical education continuum.
- Improve the knowledge, competence and performance of physicians in all represented specialties of medicine and surgery.
- Identify the professional practice gaps of the medical staff that might be addressed through the CME process.
- Design and implement CME activities that present valid content which is unbiased, evidence-based, and free of commercial interest.
- Enhance clinician performance to achieve institutional patient safety and performance improvement goals, as well as individual goals of maintenance of certification and re-licensure.
- Evaluate changes in physician competence and performance as a result of the CME process, using both quantitative and qualitative measures.
By doing so, the CME program mission serves to support the overall mission of NYU Winthrop Hospital and its staff, that is, to enhance the quality of life for all our patients by providing the highest quality patient care and to advance the overall practice of medicine in our community.
CME Calendar of Scheduled Conferences
NYU Winthrop offers a wide range of on-site professional and continuing medical education programs. See our CME Calendars to view current accredited and non-accredited professional education program offerings and to register online.
Continuing Professional Education Online Learning Center
We now have an extensive online catalog of accredited (physician CME and nurse contact hours) audio recorded presentations for selected grand rounds including Advances in Medicine, Pediatric Grand Rounds, and the OBGY Visiting Professor Lecture Series. New series and accredited content is added weekly. Sessions are available in On-Demand and Podcast formats for easy listening. All sessions are free. Online learning offers a simple and convenient way to earn credit.
To utilize the online catalog your PC or MAC computer MUST be equipped with 1) an up to date browser, eg. Internet Version 9, Google Chrome or Firefox; and 2) Silverlight software (free download at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx). Go to http://winthrop.inreachce.com/
CME Credit Transcripts
If you have been a registered participant in a CME activity at NYU Winthrop Hospital, you may download a detailed transcript of your CME activities and credits earned for a specified period of time. Credits are archived for a six year period in compliance with ACCME requirements. Just click onto the CME Transcript link and follow the simple instructions to create a unique personal password and download a transcript.
NYU Winthrop Hospital is Accredited With Commendation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
It is the policy of NYU Winthrop Hospital to adhere to ACCME Accreditation Criteria, Policies and Standards for Commercial Support in order to ensure content validity, fair balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all its sponsored programs. All faculty, planners and authors of CME content, who participate in sponsored programs, must disclose to the audience any potential, apparent or real conflicts of interest related to their contribution to the activity, as well as any discussions of off-label or investigational uses of any commercial products or devices not yet approved in the United States. All disclosures will be made at the time of the activity. Please call 516-663-2521 to express any concerns.
NYU Winthrop Hospital fully complies with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.. Participants with special needs should contact the Office of CME at 516-663-8459.