Winthrop | Career Opportunities : Benefits
Winthrop-University Hospital�s Health & Welfare Benefits Program is designed to provide comprehensive, competitive, and affordable protection to meet the ongoing needs of its employees and their families. The Program provides employees with certain Hospital-paid benefits and optional benefits at minimal cost. The employees enjoy the flexibility to tailor their benefit coverage according to their needs.
The Employee Benefit Program consists of the following benefits:
- Medical, including Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending Account
- Income Protection
- Sick Time
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Survivor Protection
- Basic Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Other Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Transit Program
- Empire Blue EPO (Network): You have direct access to an expansive network of providers without referrals. This option features low copayment for most services, no claims to file, and no deductibles to meet. The EPO Plan does not provide coverage when you receive services outside the network.
- Empire Blue PPO (In-network and Out-of-network): You have direct access to an expansive network of providers without referrals. You also have the flexibility to choose out-of-network providers for your care, although your savings will be greater in-network. Out-of-network care is subject to a deductible and coinsurance.
PRESCRIPTION DRUG (included in Medical Plan)
Covers generic and brand-name medications at your local pharmacy after a copayment. Ongoing medications may be filled through mail order. At the Winthrop Hospital Pharmacy, formulary medications are covered at no cost for the employee and at a discounted rate for eligible dependents.
Vision coverage is available through Empire Blue View Vision. Features of the program include annual eye exams, eyeglass lenses or contacts every 12 months and eyeglass frames every 24 months. You have a choice of using participating or non-participating providers, although your savings will be greater when you use participating providers.
- 1. Cigna DHMO: You choose a �primary DHMO dentist� from those listed in the DHMO Directory, who provides all of your routine dental care and arrange for any specialty care which may be required. When you use your primary DHMO dentist, there are no deductibles, no annual maximums, and no claims to file.
- 2. Cigna DPPO: You receive dental services from any dentist of your choice. The Plan covers preventive services at no cost; basic and major services are covered at a certain percentage after a deductible.
- Sick time: You accrue sick time according to your job category and regularly scheduled hours. During an extended illness, an employee�s sick bank is first accessed before short-term disability benefits commence.
- Short Term Disability: You are covered by the statutory short-term non-occupational disability insurance for up to 6 months.
- Long Term Disability: Your income is covered up to a percentage of your salary if you continue to be disabled after 180 days. The total amount of your long-term disability benefits takes into account any benefits to which you are entitled from other sources, such as Workers� Compensation, any government benefits, or other benefits provided by the Hospital.
Help provide financial protection to your survivors if you die or become severely disabled.
- Basic Life Insurance � automatically covers you for one time your base pay
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment � covers you in the event of accidental death or dismemberment
- Voluntary Life Insurance � additional coverage which may be purchased at cost based on your age
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
Allow you to pay eligible expenses with before-tax dollars, as follows:
- Health Care Spending Account � for IRS-approved health care expenses that are not covered by your benefit plans.
- Dependent Care Spending Account - for day-care expenses for dependent children under age 13 or dependent adults, to allow you to work full-time.
Provides our employees the opportunity to save for retirement. Winthrop offers the Defined Contribution Plan by which employees can set aside a portion of their pay before or after taxes are withheld. Contributions are directed to investment options of their choice. Tax-deferred contributions, gains, interest, and dividends will be taxed when used.
Eligible employees receive Employer Basic contributions after the required waiting period, as well as an Employer Match, if they make voluntary contributions.
PAID TIME OFF
Eligible employees are provided paid time off to be used for vacation, personal, legal holiday, and other reasons.
An important part of Winthrop-University Hospital�s mission is to encourage employees to further their education by offering Tuition Assistance to eligible employees. Course(s) taken must be either job and/or healthcare related. To qualify for tuition reimbursement, the employee must have an overall satisfactory performance rating and not be in the progressive discipline process.
The Transitchek Program provides employees who use public transportation to purchase their tickets through payroll deduction with before-tax dollars, thereby lowering their income tax withholding. This benefit can be shared with family and friends. Employees enroll online or by telephone and cards are delivered directly to their home.