Program Director's Message
The objective of NYU Winthrop Hospital's Cardiology Fellowship is to train thoughtful, humanistic and capable clinicians who are well grounded in Cardiac Pathophysiology, evidence-based management and diagnostic strategies, and in cardiovascular research. This is achieved through intense one-on-one contact with full-time faculty members, many of whom are leaders in the full array of cardiovascular subspecialties.
- Diversified, state-of-the-art training in all aspects of clinical, non-invasive and invasive cardiology
- Fellowship training exclusively at NYU Winthrop, one of US News and World Report's best cardiovascular hospitals
- Preceptorships with internationally recognized faculty
- Balanced program with exceptional clinical and research opportunities
- Generous house staff benefits, including heavily subsidized housing
A three-year program affording rotations in clinical consultation, the catheterization laboratory, the electrophysiology service, non-invasive cardiology and critical care cardiology. Fellows serve as consultant cardiologists to general medical clinicians through weekly outpatient cardiology sessions. Significant time is spent working closely with a preceptor to formulate a research project during subspecialty training and during their protected research block.
Rotations in Months
- Jerald Cohen, MD, FACC, Director of Echocardiography;
Research interests: Advanced Echocardiography, Diastology, Perfusion Echocardiology
- Todd Cohen, MD, FACC, Director Electrophysiology;
Research interests: new device use, Ventricular Tachycardia
- Joshua DeLeon, MD, FACC, Director, CCU and Cardiovascular Training; Research interests: Vascular Biology, ACS, CHF
- Frederick Fein, MD, Director Telemetry Service; Research interests Pathway development, educational systems development, CHF
- Juan Gaztanaga, MD - Director, Advanced Cardiac Imaging
- Joseph Germano, DO, Associate Director, Electrophysiology.
Research interests: risk stratification for sudden death, defibrillator testing and programming, arrhythmias and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and atrial fibrillation ablation.
- George Gubernikoff, MD, Director Clinical Services;
Research interests: Preventive Cardiology, Health Systems Management, resident training modalities
- Stephen Green, MD - Director, Interventional Cardiology
- Justine S. Lachmann, MD - Director, Congestive Heart Failure Program
- Kevin Marzo, MD, FACC, Chief, Division of Cardiology;
Research interests: Interventional strategies, Gp IIb/IIIa receptor antagonists
- Nick Michelakis, MD - Director, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Director,Coronary Care Unit
- Srihari S. Naidu, MD, Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Director, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program.
Research interests: Outcomes in coronary angioplasty, Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and alcohol septal ablation for HCM, ASD/PFO closure, Optimizing symptom to door time for patients with STEMI.
- Beevash Ray, MD, RPVI - Associate Director, Advanced Cardiac Imaging