Bariatric Surgery at Winthrop-University Hospital
Along with non-surgical weight management options, Winthrop-University Hospital offers bariatric surgery for individuals who are unable to effectively lose weight using conventional methods such as diet and exercise.
Minimally invasive, bariatric treatments have helped thousands of men and women successfully take control of their weight and improve their lives. As leaders in surgical weight management, the Bariatric Surgery Program at Winthrop-University Hospital specializes in the most effective, surgical weight loss procedures currently available:
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Winthrop-University Hospital's Bariatric Surgery Program is an MBSAQIP® Accredited Center.
Our Comprehensive Approach
Along with our advanced surgical options, we provide ongoing support, counseling and nutrition plans to help you achieve and sustain a healthier body and lifestyle. We understand that there are physical, psychological and medical considerations when it comes to treating obesity. This is why our team of bariatric surgeons and skilled medical staff are dedicated to your success.
Are You a Good Candidate for Surgical Weight Loss?
You may be considered for bariatric surgery if you:
- Have unsuccessfully tried all non-surgical methods of weight loss
- Weight more than 100 pounds above your ideal body weight
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or greater
- Have a BMI of 35-40 with high risk for related conditions such as diabetes, coronary artery disease, hypertension, sleep apnea, or joint pain