About NYU Winthrop
NYU Winthrop Hospital is committed to excellence in graduate medical education. An Independent Academic Medical Center located on Long Island, NYU Winthrop’s 600-bed tertiary care hospital sponsors exceptional graduate medical education programs. The institution is proud of its 100+ years of clinical excellence.
In 2015, NYU Winthrop Hospital opened a new, state-of-the-art, 95,000 square-foot Research and Academic Center. The building houses a large auditorium, many conference and classrooms, a new Simulation Center, basic science laboratories, clinical research centers, and the biostatistics department. NYU Winthrop’s inpatient and outpatient facilities offer a full range of patient care experiences. Our dedicated faculty are excellent teachers and mentors.
NYU Winthrop is clearly at the forefront of medicine:
- NYU Winthrop Hospital was named the 18th best large employer in America by Forbes Magazine in 2017
- Magnet Recognized Hospital
- NYU Winthrop Hospital is in the top 5% of U.S. Hospitals for Clinical Excellence as reported by healthgrades
- Long Island’s first navigator program for cancer care
- Nationally recognized Children’s Medical Center
Best Regional Hospital in US News and World Report